Taking care of patients can be a daunting task even for a professional health caregiver. Having the right medical equipment handy can prove to be an added benefit. One of the toughest tasks here is to bath a patient who is receiving from illness. They are weak and vulnerable; in this condition, it becomes important to take care of them, help them attend nature’s call, bath them and get them ready. While much of these tasks remain manual, there are bathroom and grooming aids which are explicitly designed for such people. These products make the entire process easy and comfortable for both the patient and the caregiver.
There are many online portals which will help you find the right products for the older adults or for those who for some reasons are not able to move easily. These bathroom and grooming aids make bathing safer and enjoyable. These products are perfect for people who have any of the following conditions:
- Back pain
- Joint Pain
- Respiratory issues
- Heart diseases
- Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease
- Other neurological disorder
- Muscle weakness or pain
How are Bathing and Grooming Aids helpful in daily life?
Bathing is a necessary part of our daily routine; sometimes, one needs to repeat it twice. With the normal physical condition, it might not appear a tough task, but for a patient who is suffering from any of the conditions mentioned above, it can be a difficult task, even to stand up and reach the bathroom. Having the right bathroom and grooming aids support them and help them easily complete their daily tasks of bathing without any hassle. There are many companies which provide a wide array of such products.
Some of the common bathroom and grooming aids that you need to have in your bathroom include the following:
- Suction Grab Bar
- Folding Shower Stool
- Wall Mounted Shower Seat
- Changing Benches
- Adjustable transfer bench
- Bathtub safety step
- Auto bath lift
- Shower seat with back and arms
- Toilet support rail
- Wall Mounted Fixed Grab Rail
There are many other products on the list that you can choose from, depending on your need and health condition. There are a plethora of choices, so make sure that you consult the doctor before investing in any of the bathroom and grooming aids.
Points to Take Care while Choosing a bathroom and grooming aids:
If you are all set to buy the bathroom aids, here are some important parameters that you need to take into account. Here are a few of them:
- Make sure that you by a handrail that can be mounted on the wall. This helps the patient stand straight with proper support. They are of different quality and material, but you need to invest in a good one because the patient would be completely on its support.
- Add handled showerhead, and this is the best option for patients who have a problem while standing for too long.
- Non-slip rubber mats are a must
- Check the safety certification of the bathroom and grooming products.
- Compare the pricing since there is a gamut of choices when it comes to bathroom and grooming aids, its important that you compare the pricing before buying them.
- Invest in good quality rubber suction bathroom mats. This prevents any skidding in the bathroom.
Investing in the right bathroom and grooming aids are not only helpful for the patients but at the same time for other people too, so buy the best quality products.